About the Company
HWN Energy (Hawthorne) is a privately held oil and natural gas exploration and production company with operations in Northern Alberta, actively focused on acquiring additional properties in the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of US-based Hawthorne Energy, LLC.
At current, HWN Energy has ~250 net active wells producing ~ 5,000boe/d (~55% liquid weighted) within geographically concentrated, high working interest and operatorship assets in the Kaybob Dunvegan & Montney, and Waskahigan Montney core areas. Within these areas, plans are in place to drill approximately 15 wells by year end 2023 and continue with various successful optimization projects across all HWN properties. We take pride in our top-notch operations, continuous improvement initiatives, focus on ESG principles, stewardship to lowering emissions and our environmental footprint, and the great people within our organization.
About the Team
You would be joining an experienced, diverse, agile, and fun team in the Calgary office comprised of 20 professionals, of which 8 are on the engineering team. HWN Energy also employs ~30 operations staff based out of a Whitecourt Alberta field office.
HWN Energy provides challenging, fast-paced, and rewarding careers focused on mentorship, teamwork, transparency, respect, and trust. Work-life balance is paramount – flexible work and vacation policies are integrated within the exceptional team dynamics and culture that have been established at the Company.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced engineering tech with a wide range of proficiencies that will support and integrate well within the engineering team. Work will span from day-to-day operational tasks to longer term initiatives and projects. Exact responsibilities can be tailored to the successful candidates’ areas of expertise and desires for growth and learning.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Broad spectrum of data management, tracking and evaluation work including: o capital and operating accrual spend tracking, AFE creation, and creation of economic comparatives of various project options
- Monitoring of production trends relative to budget forecasts and identifying variances – contribute to the proactive surveillance, evaluation, and optimization of base production
- Pipeline integrity monitoring and assessment – facilitation of reviews with engineering and operations personnel
- Manage distribution of partner production and daily reports as required
- Maintain metering schematics
- Regulatory submissions (drilling, completions, production, facility, EOR, waste, etc.) and coordination of audit responses
- Initiation of automated Corporate scorecard processes
- Collaborate amongst team to ensure best practices for data management
- Assist with maintenance and reporting on HSE programs
- Project management of Asset Retirement Obligation (ARO) programs
- Mapping and acquisition screening exercises in GeoScout, Asset Book and Spotfire
- Economic analyses of various proposed optimization initiatives
- Assist all engineering team members on various other projects. Establish and maintain good working relationship with office and field personnel
Required Qualifications & Experience
- Must have an accredited engineering technologist or engineering degree with 3+ years of work experience for an oil and gas company
- Willingness and ability to manage a multitude of tasks working across the various engineering and operations facets within the organization. Adaptable, agile and self-motivated to learn new skillsets to support the Team’s initiatives
- Value driven, displaying energy, focus, and passion for the benefit of the Team’s success
- Wide breadth of experience with AER regulatory requirements, submissions, and facilitation of audits
- Proficiency with various applicable software packages would be an asset. This would include Microsoft Excel, GeoScout, Production Manager, Value Navigator, Spotfire and/or Power BI
- Business acumen with strong communication skills
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.