Hawthorne Energy Management, LLC (“Hawthorne” or the “Company”) is seeking a full-time financial professional to work in the Company’s Stamford, Connecticut office. The individual will report to the CFO and CEO to support the financial and acquisition / divestiture efforts and objectives of the Company. The position title will be dictated based on experience level. The position will provide the opportunity to grow with the role and have direct exposure to the executive team at Hawthorne along with our financial sponsor, Carnelian Energy Capital. Ideal candidates must demonstrate the ability to adapt to variable business needs and must be able to work both independently and effectively within a multi-disciplinary team.
Expect market competitive cash compensation commensurate with candidate’s experience, along with standard benefits. Compensation for this role will also include participation in the Company’s equity incentive program, with standard vesting provisions.
Hawthorne is a privately held, Stamford, CT and Calgary based upstream company with significant operations in Alberta focused on aggregating and developing Canadian oil and gas assets and associated infrastructure. The Company was founded in 2020 and is sponsored by Carnelian Energy Capital with a substantial equity commitment. Management has extensive technical, operational, and financial experience, as well as a track record of serial successful private equity exits.
- 2+ years of corporate finance-related Oil & Gas upstream experience is required
- Excellent attention to detail; accuracy highly important
- Proven ability to create and use financial models
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Powerpoint, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with specific ability to translate complex financial information into an organized and presentable manner for decision-making
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across the organization as well as with external partners and industry contacts
- A self-starter with the ability to anticipate the needs of the organization and work independently with minimal supervision, while supporting a team environment
- High degree of independent judgement and ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with excellent time management skills and the flexibility to work hours needed to meet deadlines
- Strong work ethic and high level of personal integrity
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or related field preferred
Financial Modeling / Analysis
- Run NAV scenario modeling to support financial planning and the evaluation of strategic alternatives
- Support acquisitions and divestitures function by evaluating and analyzing strategic opportunities
- Assist in maintaining the corporate financial model
- Spearhead the cross-functional efforts to update the budget on a quarterly basis and monitor / account for ongoing deviations from budget
- Maintain operational/financial surveillance on cost overages/timing delays, etc. and work with CFO to recalibrate budget
- Review and analyze monthly financial and LOS statements for variances relative to budget
- Monitor the weekly cash cycle and analyze trends across payables, pending invoices, receivables, etc. for cash flow forecasting and assessing financing needs
- Prepare financial schedules/slides for BOD meetings
- Assist in the preparation of asset evaluation materials
- Assist in preparing presentations to banks, advisors, etc.
- Breakdown and analyze comparable transactions
- Monitor press releases, earnings transcripts, and investor presentations for insight into offset operators/acquisition targets
- Aggregate and distribute topical industry research
- Develop a broad understanding of the collective legal, financial, and other obligations to help the organization analyze and manage risk exposure
- Assist CFO in developing and monitoring a derivative program and liaise with hedge advisor and banks to implement a coordinated strategy
Banking & Accounting
- Assist CFO in management of credit facility and ongoing relations with banking partners
Please submit cover letter and resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org